Friday, April 17

A pleasant run-in

Although my dramatic worry-wart personality becomes the butt of jokes at times, it does infest my living. It doesn't matter how many times you reassure me, it will not be ok. No matter what you swear on, I still won't believe you. (I hate it, too).

It really puts a break in my day when I'm proven wrong. You are right, I will be ok.

Despite how many times a compliment is delivered, I won't hear it. Only under those special circumstances will it leak through my guard. I don't know what those circumstances are, sorry. I'm learning. Tonight it took an off-the-cuff, middle of class interruption by a professor for me to hear it.

But, I got it. And it made me smile. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am currently reading...

  • "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It" by Craig Groeschel
  • "90 Minutes in Heaven"
  • "The Old Man and the Sea"