Wednesday, June 10

Dancing with Myself. Part One.

This weekend (which begins today) is going to be a difficult one. See, a week ago Reid left for Japan, as my faithful readers are aware. On the same note, my roommate Katie left for New Zealand on Monday. Both of them will be gone for a month.

Anna left today for a wedding in Idaho. She will be gone until Monday. Now for my close friends, things are starting to add up, and you are probably getting the point. I am alone. Two best friends in Santa Cruz and boyfriend are gone. I will be hanging out with myself.

You are probably wondering if I have other friends in town and the answer is yes. But, I have been learning alot about myself in this therapy program, and what I have learned is that I have a hard time functioning by myself. I am an extrovert, I get energy from being around other people. I always choose going out over staying home to watch a movie or "read a good book." I choose jobs where I work with lots of different people. I do homework around people, in noisy environments. I like to sleep in a room with someone else (was that weird to say?).

So here I am, in this big apartment by myself. The worst part is that I have a ton of homework to do for the next 2 weeks straight. Since I am presently unable to focus on homework, I have decided to blog. I figured it may be interesting to pay attention to what I do when I'm by myself...and it may be interesting for you to see how unproductive I am when I'm by myself. Although, I may discover something new. Thence (did I make this work up?), my experiment begins.

I would just like to add that today I signed up for unlimited text messages. This may be perfect timing, or terrible time, we are yet to know. I will leave you with this quote that I have been reading alot lately:

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart, and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it; live along some distant day into the answer.

Rainer Maria Rilke
"Letters to a Young Poet"


1 comment:

  1. ahh caitster. kisses all around.

    unlimmited texting? text the hell out of balls.

    i like sleeping with you too. currently i am sleeping with two boys-5 and 3 year olds who crawl into bed with me in the morning. maybe we should get bunk beds and take up this practice.

    ReplyDelete

I am currently reading...

  • "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It" by Craig Groeschel
  • "90 Minutes in Heaven"
  • "The Old Man and the Sea"