Monday, August 24

When You Fall Through

Coolest idea of the summer.

Our friends/neighbors Mel and Keith started the greatest summer tradition a few weeks ago: projecting a movie onto the side of the apartment complex in their grassy backyard.
Last week: Uncle Buck
Last Night: The Wedding Singer.

What an interesting weekend I've had. I would explain to you all that happened, specifically on Sunday, to help paint a picture, but I'm not sure I could do it without screaming. So, I'll spare you the details, but know it was crazy.

So, last night we had another movie night. For those of you out-of-towners, it is cold here during the summers at night. Meaning, I wore 2 sweatshirts, thick socks, and a huge blanket. It was awesome. Until I decided to "adjust." You know how when you're sitting in a lawnchair your butt gets stale just sitting there, sinking into the fabric, and you need to adjust by wiggling around? Well, it was time to adjust. So, as I start to move, a loud noise happens and I realize my butt is on the ground. That is right, I completely broke through the chair and fell to the ground. A solid, clean rip, all the way through the entire piece of lawnchair fabric. Amazing.

Jenny Craig? You free this week?

1 comment:

I am currently reading...

  • "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It" by Craig Groeschel
  • "90 Minutes in Heaven"
  • "The Old Man and the Sea"