Tuesday, October 6

Matt Saracen*

Newsflash:  I am in love with Friday Night Lights.



If you know me well, you know that I do not watch alot of TV.  There are alot of things I would rather do than watch TV.   However, last year Reid and I began watching a show together on DVD.  A fun way to hang out when school has completely worn us out.  So, I agreed to watch a childhood favorite of his:  Dawson's Creek.  I was totally against this show growing up. However, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about (and I wanted to humor Reid).  I became addicted to this show... real quick.  Then what happened?  He told me he was tired of it.  Oh, great!  So here I sit after season 2, completely addicted and totally without resolution. 

His next choice was Friday Night Lights.   He has been raving about it for a couple years (?), and so has everyone else in my life.  It took me less than 2 weeks to finish 2 seasons.  This show is amazing.  Family-friendly, it has the sports, drama, comedy, foreign-film elements that you love.  So, we are waiting to rent/buy Season 3 and begin watching it together (as he had already finished 2 seasons), to prepare for the airing of Season 4.  I just hope Reid's attention span for this show doesn't die out soon...

*Matt Saracen is my absolute favorite character on FNL.  He is precious, but he makes some poor decisions in Season 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am currently reading...

  • "It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It" by Craig Groeschel
  • "90 Minutes in Heaven"
  • "The Old Man and the Sea"